Visually Impaired Ski Racer Training/Guide Position
BC Adaptive is looking for a part-time guide/training partner for a visually impaired ski racer based in Vernon, BC. for the 2022/2023 season.
- Guide the athlete and train with the athlete from the opening of the season (late November) to the close of the season in accordance with the Vernon Ski Club schedule (Saturdays/Sundays) and programming including Christmas and Spring Break camps.
- Participate in pre-season/downhill race training activities with the athlete such as cross-country skiing or gym sessions in accordance with the VSC programming
- Guide, train and/or race with athlete in other locations as prescribed by the VSC race calendar as required
- Guiding and training requires on and off snow support for the duration of the program with VSC
- Commit to self-improvement (i.e. fitness, technical skiing) as coached by Vernon Ski Club coach and directed by BC Adaptive Snowsports Athletic Manager
- Provide proper equipment required for ski racing (adaptive equipment will be provided)
This is a paid position and is ideal for high school students with ski race experience who would like to train and guide with a 14-year old prospect para-alpine ski racer and earn some extra cash.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and covering letter, via e-mail, to Corinne Risler, Athletics Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission deadline: April 30, 2022