British Columbia Adaptive Snowsports – Employment Opportunity
BC Adaptive Snowsports (BCAS) is a provincial sport organization that provides individuals with a physical and / or cognitive difference with the opportunity to experience the joy of snowsports. We are currently seeking a dynamic and passionate leader to fill the role of Executive Director (ED).
Reporting to the volunteer president, the ED is responsible for the overall management and leadership of the organization. This includes oversight of staff and contractors, as well as BCAS events, programs, and communications. The ED is also responsible for delivery of the strategic plan, while working closely with the board, committees, club leaders, funding partners, national and provincial stakeholders.
The core functions of the ED role include:
- Serve as the primary resource to the Board of Directors, including the delivery of quarterly board meetings, general meetings, and committee meetings;
- Keep the Board informed of issues affecting the development and delivery of programs and services, so that decisions are made on an informed basis;
- Provide guidance and advice to the Board on process issues such as establishing and interpreting terms of reference, decision-making, accountability, policies, bylaws, procedures, conflict management, and related matters.
- Financial Management:
- Manage and steward the organization’s financial operations and diversified fund development, including all grant requests, fundraising events, and sponsorships;
- Develop an annual budget in consultation with the Treasurer;
- Track all expenses and income, providing year-to-date and year-end projection reports at all Board meetings;
- Work with the organization’s financial institutions to ensure all financial matters are in order, including oversight of an annual financial audit;
- Actively pursue new funding opportunities.
- Stakeholder Relations:
- Act as spokesperson and media liaison for the organization, representing the organization through participation in external activities with stakeholders and partner organizations;
- Uphold ongoing communication with the leaders of the organization’s member clubs;
- Maintain and develop effective relationships with NSOs, PSOs and related agencies, in particular relevant government funding agencies and commissions;
- Communicate on an ongoing basis to recognize donors, sponsors, and granting partners.
- Operational Oversight:
- Develop an annual business plan that delivers on the strategic plan, ensuring timely execution of all events, programs, grant requests and other key dates;
- Recruit and select staff and contractors within the organization’s physical and financial resources, providing guidance and training, assessing performance, and managing compensation and benefits.
- Oversee the daily office administration, ensuring the coordination of office operations and procedures.
- Ensure the delivery of an effective communications plan, including all social media platforms, regular newsletters, the website, membership database, and technology.
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience and qualifications:
- Post-Secondary education or a minimum of 5-years of equivalent and relevant recent experience;
- Proven and relevant executive leadership experience;
- Strong analytical, business, and financial acumen;
- Experience managing staff and contractors;
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector in BC, in particular the sport community;
- Passion for skiing or snowboarding is considered an asset;
Some of the benefits of working for BCAS as the ED include:
- A competitive salary with opportunities for future bonuses;
- Employer pay benefits package;
- Cell phone allowance, laptop, and necessary office equipment in Vancouver;
- Substantial vacation package, excluding the time between Christmas & New Years;
- Inclusive and diverse work environment (BCAS is an equal opportunity employer)!
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To apply, please send (by email only) a cover letter and resume to:
Sarah Morris-Probert, BC Adaptive Snowsports, President
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.